The Tailgater GT is the original size portable grill in the Ultimate Portable Grill line-up. This is the grill that put the Grill Time on the map. A charcoal grill with all the convenience of gas – heats up quick and cleans up easily. Being relatively free of smoke and cool to the touch, no more sitting off to the side away from the action. The Tailgater GT is now an interactive part of your grilling experience that everyone can get involved in – truly social grilling. The Tailgater GT is perfect to just grab and go – it weighs in at just under 9 pounds and stows away compactly in its included carry case. The grills in our Ultimate Portable Grill line up are great for a tailgating grill, used at your campsite, for concerts in the park, or for a fun day at the beach. Don’t let its name fool you though, due to its enclosed charcoal container and smokeless design, it also makes for a great barbecue grill for a small patio/balcony in a condo or apartment.
- Heats up quickly and cools off just as fast – “Meat to Heat in 4 Minutes!”
- Healthy – carcinogen carrying smoke is virtually eliminated due to the design that deflects the drippings away from the burning charcoal.
- Suitable for up to 5 People.
- The grill weighs less than 9 lbs.
- Diameter of grilling surface is 12.5 inches.
- Grill top and inner bowl are made of stainless steel and can be easily cleaned in a sink or dishwasher.
- The temperature control fan is powered by 4 AA batteries (included).
- Depending on how high the fan is operated, grilling time varies between 40 to 60 minutes – if needed, additional charcoal can easily be added during use.
- The outer bowl is made of powder-coated steel, which never gets hot during use
- By locking the latches on the side of the outer bowl into the grill grid, the charcoal container and inner bowl are completely locked down to form a very safe enclosed charcoal grill
- Uses about 10% of the charcoal that a comparably sized charcoal grill uses.
- Starter pack includes grill, carrying case, 4 AA batteries, 2.2 lb bag of Grill Time Charcoal and a bottle of starter gel.